The 2020 SHOT Show highlighted the official launch of the Gun Owners CareSM program. The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) launched the Gun Owners Care initiative because it believes members of the firearms-owning community deserve respect for being good, concerned citizens and proud defenders of a unique American heritage.
“Gun owners are your neighbors, co-workers, parishioners, community leaders, politicians, doctors and others you interact with in everyday life,” said NSSF President and CEO Joe Bartozzi. “Gun owners are not uncommon—we number 100 million in America—and we’re certainly not on the fringe of society, as some try to make people believe. Gun owners abhor the misuse of firearms as much as anyone, and they work to promote firearm safety and to better their communities as much as anyone. In short, gun owners care.”
NSSF believes it’s time for gun owners to tell their stories about how they’re contributing positively to America’s culture. NSSF’s Gun Owners Care campaign will unite gun owners and the firearms industry in this common cause.
By working together through Gun Owners Care, the gun-owning community and the firearms industry will:
- Push back against organizations and businesses trying to shame gun owners;
- Show politicians and the public how gun owners are making a difference in saving lives and making communities safer
- Promote participation in target shooting and hunting to secure their future
- Help keep guns out of the wrong hands through tried-and-true programs such as NSSF’s Project ChildSafe®
- Highlight gun owners’ efforts to help their communities, as with hunters donating millions of venison meals to those in need
- Educate the public that gun owners are the No. 1 contributors to wildlife conservation
Gun owners can go the extra yard by contributing $25 to help develop Gun Owners Care into a national movement and stay informed about the movement’s successes. NSSF also encourages gun owners to share their stories of how they are making a difference by using the hashtag #GunOwnersCare.
This article is courtesy of NSSF. For more NSSF news please visit https://www.nssf.org/government-relations.