Members of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC) – the largest bipartisan Caucus on Capitol Hill – joined the sportsmen’s community and allied industry representatives for the annual Congressional Clays Competition.
Held just outside Washington, this trap, skeet, and sporting clays competition brings together Members of Congress from both sides of the aisle to enjoy a shared American outdoor tradition. This event comes days after the President signed the Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act into law – a bill championed by CSC leaders that is critical for increasing access to the shooting sports.
Team Republican – led by Congressman Richard Hudson (NC) - finished with a score of 191; and Team Democrat – led by Congressman Marc Veasey (TX) – tallied up a score of 184.
“This annual event provides an opportunity for Members of Congress, regardless of political party, to join together in a nonpartisan manner,” said Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) President Jeff Crane. “Advancing outdoor recreation and conservation are bipartisan issues that everyone can support.”
Clays Competition AwardsCongressional Sportsmen's Caucus Individual Category
- "Top Gun" Member of Congress: Rep. John Rutherford (FL)
- "Top Gun" Democrat: Rep. Mike Thompson (CA)
- "Top Gun" Republican: Rep. Jody Hice (GA)
- Top Skeet: Rep. Collin Peterson (MN)
- Top Trap: Rep. Mark Meadows (NC)
- Top Sporting Clays: Rep. Glenn Thompson (PA)
- "Top Gun": Ryan Bronson, Vista Outdoor Inc.
- "Top Gun" Female: Nickie Currie, Amgen
- Top Skeet: Forrest Wilson, Vista Outdoor Inc.
- Top Trap: Ryan Broyles, Bass Pro Shops
- Top Sporting Clays: Bill Mackleit, Vista Outdoor Inc.
- "Top Gun": Kellie Ralston, American Sportfishing Association
PHOTO: Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus Members at the 2019 Clays CompetitionThe 2019 Clays Competition Title Sponsors including: BP America, Inc.; Federal Premium; Hess Corporation; Hornady Manufacturing Co.; National Rifle Association; and Public Service Enterprise Group. Host Sponsors included: Bass Pro Shops; Cabela’s; National Shooting Sports Foundation; and Winchester Ammunition.